At Bays Dental Clinic we specialise in all aspects of children's teeth and oral hygiene and recognise the importance of catering to the individual needs and characteristics of this age group. Our dentists are not only skilled in all aspects of kids dentistry, they strive to make visiting the dentist a positive experience, have a friendly manner and considerable patience.
We specialise in the following aspects of children's dentistry:
- General teeth examinations for pre-school, primary and secondary children
- Preventative care and advice
- Cleaning and polishing
- Filling of cavities and extractions
- Applying decay preventing sealants to pits and fissures of teeth
- Teach and motivate children about looking after their teeth, and also help educate parents in preventative care
- Trauma or accident issues involving children's teeth
- Cracked or chipped teeth needing crowns
- Orthodontic assessments and referrals
- Wisdom teeth assessments, extractions and referrals
- We bulk bill for the Medicare Child Dental Scheme, no gap
Simple steps to protect your children's teeth:
- Remember the 5:2 Rule: Only have 5 meals a day (breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner) with water between meals. This helps the teeth naturally fight the effects of sugar and acid on the teeth. Remember it's the number of times teeth are exposed to sweet, sticky & acid foods during the day that is important, not the amount consumed.
- Clean teeth 2 times a day with Fluoride toothpaste. Preferably parents should clean the teeth of very young children (babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers) and supervise older (primary school) children.
We appreciate you trusting us to be your children’s dentist on the Mornington Peninsula. Our dentists strive to look after your little ones with the same level of care as we do our own. If you have any concerns about your child's teeth, contact us today. Schedule an Appointment »