Bays Dental Clinic are committed to providing quality dental care as part of the Medicare initiative that covers dental treatment for children and teenagers aged from 2 - 17 years. More information can be found on the Medicare website but the CDBS basics are as follows:
- Services that receive a benefit under the program include examinations, x-rays, cleaning, fissure sealing, fillings, root canals and extractions.
- Benefits are not available for orthodontic or cosmetic dental work and cannot be paid for any services provided in a hospital.
- The total benefit entitlement is capped at $1,000 per child over a two
calendar year period. If you do not use all of your $1,000 benefit in the first year, you can use it in the second year if you are still
eligible. Any remaining balance will not be carried forward at the end
of the second year.
- The CDBS has a means test, which requires receipt
of Family Tax Benefit Part A (FTB-A) or a relevant Australian Government
- Call 132 011 to your child's eligibility to receive CDBS.
The friendly team at Bays Dental are experts at working with children and take special steps to ensure children have a positive experience. If you have concerns about your child's teeth, schedule an appointment today.